Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Separate Lives

Another divorce. I just feel so numb at the thought of it ... no, that's not true. Numb would imply that I'm not feeling anything - but that's not true. I just haven't been able to put my finger on the exact emotion as yet.

It's always been something that worries me. It's such a sad thing to happen. Heart-breaking really ... but then again, I do understand that sometimes people just don't get along ... or sometimes, it just doesn't work. I definitely don't think that people should stay together just for the sake of staying together and not wanting to disrupt their 'lives.' I've often said that I think it's better to be alone and happy than with someone and miserable ... after all, life is short ...

Still, there's something disappointing about it. I guess because it scares me. The idea that people can be together for years and years and then realize that it just doesn't work ... it's scary.

At the same time, maybe it has nothing to do with time. I mean, I've seen all sorts of situations. Arranged marriages lasting for 30+ years ... 'love' marriages breaking up within one year ... marriages for the sake of convenience lasting and growing into something special ... marriages because they think it's the 'right' thing to do falling apart soon after the exchange of vows ...

So anything is possible, and we can't predict the future - how our lives will change, where we'll be, who we'll be with ...

I guess we just have to give it all we've got and take comfort in the knowledge that yes, we did try to make something happen ... and it just didn't work ... but we did try.

6 comments:

PlumPetals said...

Hello OJ!
I can understand their fear ... but at the same time, if we never did anything because we were afraid of failing ... how far would we get?
We all have to take chances at some point ...

Anonymous said...

true, as you said life is short, so pull your socks up and get out there again :D

Tooomz said...

I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. To clarify, I'm not implying you're going through the divorce..just that you're affected by it. With time, the sadness and pain of divorce fades and happiness returns. It's always tough in the beginning...

Dr.Lost said...

true.. divorce is very common these days.. sorry it didnt work out, hope God will show u some form of happiness somehow, trust me everything happens for a reason.. so hopefully it for the best, u never know..

PlumPetals said...

Hmmm there seems to be a misunderstanding here ... thanks for your comments ... but it's not me that's getting divorced. Haven't even been married yet. It's someone close to me ... and it just got me thinking ...

LonDonY said...

well, like u said, we can't predict future and anything is possible & no one has the assurance that this relation will work and this will not.. we all have to give it a shot & try it 'n see the outcome & how well whoever can get with each other. also what form of harmoniouse state they can reach in such a relation.. as harmony is considered "in my opinion" the definitive indication to any relation's success & failure. We either find ourself in line with our companion or we don't .. nothings in between -very difficult to continue if confomity-harmony is IN BETWEEN- for those who are in between.. some have put an end to it and some are struggiling trying to come through and make things work.. for those who've decided to seperate, the chances are good that they'll find better companion.. not all though. The the other who have decided to continue, they might succeed in continuing thier relation .. the bad news is that they will definitly lack the joyfulness.. for the rest of thier life :/

sorry if forgot my self :)
wish ur relative/freind all the best