Thursday, July 06, 2006

Glimpse of a Geisha

I didn't get too many good reviews about the movie, but heard that the book was excellent ... After reading it I think excellent is an understatement. The book was completely enchanting. The story itself held me captivated ... put together with the style of writing and the wonderful descriptions, I was completely lost in Sayuri-san's world ... Her story was heart-breaking and inspiring as well -- to see how hope can help a person pull through any situation that comes her way ... how love can be such a driving force towards achieving goals ... to realizing that we never know what lies in our destiny ...

1 comment:

Q8Sultana said...

I think the movie was great too...
even after the book. The movies are never as good as the book, but it was still well done I think.

I love both the book and the movie