Monday, June 26, 2006

Lingering in London


There's something about London that makes me so happy. I know a lot of people find it chaotic and busy ... but maybe it's because I come here for such short periods that I get to enjoy the atmosphere without being caught up in the dreary weather and the rush hour commute ...

But today, D and I were huddled under an umbrella, walking hand-in-hand through the crowds in Piccadilly Circus and I just felt so happy. I felt completely carefree and at ease and it was just wonderful to feel that way after such a long time.

There are other things about London that I love as well. I love sitting in Hyde Park with my notebook - watching people and writing ... I spend a lot of time writing here. It's like my creative edge sharpens as soon as I step off of Heathrow Express.

We spent a few hours browsing in bookstores today -- it's something I miss so much in Kuwait. It's so hard to control the temptation to pick up all the books that catch my eye ... and I really shouldn't buy anymore. I need to finish reading all the books that I've already bought before I buy again ... but of course that's easier said than done!

Well, now that I'm back from Canterbury I have a lot more time to relax and enjoy the London atmosphere. Even though I've been here several times there are still plenty of things for me to do and see ...

Tomorrow will be another wonderful day in London ...

1 comment:

DiiGMaa said...

Lovely London....

to me it's home...
it's joy...
bliss...
and so much more........

enjoy :)